Keeping it fun
Gambling. It’s all a bit of fun! Most of us know how to have a good time and play within our means. But sometimes, people can find themselves going beyond their limits.
We want to help keep betting entertaining, like it’s meant to be. So, we’ve put together a guide to help you play and bet safely online.
The sky isn’t always the limit …
(a few tips on how to set your limits)
- Set yourself a maximum amount of time and money you want to spend gambling per day, week or month. Once your allocated time and money has run out, it’s time to stop.
- Whenever you’re gambling, make sure you take regular breaks by stepping away from the computer, tablet or phone.
- Don’t chase your losses. The money and time limit you set yourself is there for a reason. If you’ve lost within that limit don’t try and make the money back. It can be a slippery slope leading to an even bigger loss.
- Don’t drink or do drugs when gambling as this can impair your judgement, especially when it comes to the limits you’ve set yourself.
- Remember that gambling should be something you see as an enjoyable activity, not an alternative way to make money.
Think you’ve got a problem?
It can be hard to know when gambling has become a problem, which is a bit of a problem in itself! We define it as when your family, relationships, health or work are becoming affected negatively by your habit. Want the quick answer? The following questions may help in assessing whether you have a gambling problem:
- Do you suffer from depression or low mood due to gambling?
- Have you ever lied to a loved one about your gambling habits?
- Do you try to hide your gambling habits from your friends or family?
- Do you avoid going to work in order to gamble?
- Is gambling always on your mind?
- Do you often break the gambling spending or time limits that you’ve set yourself?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, you may have a problem. If so, it’s important to talk to someone. We’d recommend the following sites:
They can refer you to experts and offer helpful advice and support on how to keep gambling fun.